Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Bad Remakes


Just to follow up today’s post on ARTHUR. For every good TRUE GRIT remake, there seems to be ten bad ones. A reader pointed out MY MAN GODFREY reboot. Off the top of my head, here are a few more. Feel free to add to the list.

THE HEARTBREAK KID
SABRINA
ALFIE
THE JAZZ SINGER (Not Neil Diamond’s best work)
PSYCHO
LOLITA
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
PLANET OF THE APES
KING KONG (all nine versions)
THE JACKAL
SHAFT
BREATHLESS
ROLLERBALL
THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (Yes, I know it has Denzel Washington)
TAKING OF PELHAM 1-2-3 (Yes, I know it has Denzel Washington)
CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN (Yes, I know it’s Steve Martin)
THE PINK PANTHER (Yes, I know it’s Steve Martin)
THE OUT OF TOWNERS (Yes, I know it’s Steve Martin)
FAME
THE IN-LAWS
BAD NEWS BEARS
THE GOODBYE GIRL
ANGELS IN THE OUTFIELD
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
TWELVE ANGRY MEN
THE TIME MACHINE
THE WOMEN
REAR WINDOW
GUESS WHO’S COMING TO DINNER
BORN YESTERDAY
THE LONGEST YARD
BEDAZZLED
THE STEPFORD WIVES
THE ITALIAN JOB
101 DALMATIONS
THE BLOB (How do you improve on perfection?)

No comments:

Post a Comment