Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day... I guess

This has never been one of my favorite holidays.  It's a day of forced sentiment and horribly over-priced fixed menus.  Also, it's my birthday.  I have generally not had good luck on my birthday.

Here's what happened one year when I was invited to the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit party.  You'd think that would be a great night, wouldn't you?  I met Beyonce.  I posed with Brooklyn Decker.  And then this.

Still, that was nothing compared to this birthday celebration.

This year my family is taking me to dinner at Roy's, one of my favorite restaurants.  So stock up on bottled water and the essentials.  A meteor is crashing to earth tonight. 

For today's post, I'm going to take a cue from Hollywood.  For years now, whenever a movie wants to convey a romantic moment, instead of having writers craft a wonderful scene with heart, and emotion, and memorable dialogue they just play the most on-the-nose song their legal department can clear.

So since I don't feel like writing anything particularly romantic, fearing it will veer into extreme schmaltz or bitter hostility, I am instead offering this music video.  The group is the very cool, Best Coast, the title is "When I'm With You", and it's my love song to you. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment