Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am leaving Dodger Talk


Due to too many conflicts with my Mariners' schedule, I will be stepping down as co-host of Dodger Talk on KABC.  It just isn't fair to the Dodgers or listeners to be gone as much as I would be.  However, there's a strong likelihood that I will continue to contribute to Dodger Talk -- features and whatnot -- so I'm not totally gone.

Leaving is bittersweet.  I will miss a lot of things, but most of all, working with Josh Suchon.  He's truly the best partner a guy could ask for.  People always said how good we sound together, how much we seemed to really like each other.  That's because we genuinely do.  Josh is a great broadcaster and friend.  And knows more baseball than half the team.

The dude who will be replacing me is great.  Joe Block.  Dodger fans will love him.  And he knows more about baseball than the other half of the team.

My sincere thanks to KABC and the Dodgers for the last three years.  And most of all to you listeners.  You guys are truly great.  You know more than the manager.  At least you say you do.  But seriously, you've been incredibly kind and informed and passionate.  I can't thank you enough.  It was a pleasure talking to you every night.

And remember, I'm not going to Rangoon.  If you're at Dodger Stadium this season, look for me.  I'll still be around a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment